Popcorn [pop' corn] Noun
a. A delicious snack made from superheating the dried kernels of corn.
b. A brief and random collection of thoughts and experiences. A smattering.
- Last night I thought that with popcorn, coffee, and The Fellowship of the Ring, my world was as complete as it could ever be. Except I drank the coffee too fast.
- Someone I just learned to really love is leaving facebook in submission to her husband. I am full of admiration and sorrow.
- I am trying to decide if I can babysit a bunny for my friend’s children. He is a most beautiful bunny named Jo-Jo and we would all love having him here. But can I run the risk of him getting lost, eaten, or harassed in the meantime? Can I really take the happiness of her children into my hands? Hmm.
- Someone in my church offered a pastor appreciation gift: keeping our children for several hours one evening and sending my husband and I off with a complimentary picnic lunch. I cannot imagine any more perfect gift. Do it for your pastor soon: unless you are in my church. In which case you should find a different way to bless me, soon.
- If anyone takes that seriously I will cry.
- I’m taking my mom along when we go school shopping on Wednesday. Our August schedule has pushed the date later than I would ever have chosen. But I think having Mom along will make me and my three littles very peaceful, especially with a break for donuts halfway through.
- My husband just gave me four Pinocchios for a line I wrote. And worse, he was right.
- I do not know what this is:
…a little porcelain knob with a hole. My son found it in the woods. Do you know?
- My siblings and I are having an email discussion/ share time about what it was like growing up as the children of John Coblentz. My dad initiated this conversation by sending us a link and inviting our thoughts. I like this about him, and I am discovering things about us that I never knew.
- I have a big project with a looming deadline and I am not getting to it. And I’m trying not to look at the state of my garden.
- But I spent a very sweet weekend of oasis with some beautiful ladies. And I’m ready to come back to my normal, humdrum, exquisite life and live happily ever after.
- Sometimes I don’t know how to thank you guys for reading my blog. And clicking on my ads. And blessing me every week with your sweet words. I don’t know blogger etiquette very well; I try to stay out of my own comment section because that’s YOUR place to talk and I don’t want to dominate and micromanage. But so often I wish I could click “like” about what you said, or give you a hug, or tell you how much your words mean. So thank you. I don’t know how to say it without getting all maudlin on you, but it means the world.
Share your popcorn?